This last week I had the opportunity to teach seminary for the Freshman and Sophomores for some of the teens in my stake. I don't think I've spent that much time each day in the scriptures (specifically the New Testament) in a week's time ~ even when I took New Testament in college. It impressed me to see those kids committed to the gospel that they were willing to get up a few hours earlier than required and how much they truly knew about the New Testament. Grady has said many times, there is only one group of people in the church that attend church 6 days a week, the youth. We could learn a lot from their example of sacrifices to give at least one hour of their day to the Lord. Are we that committed? I felt like seminary was a good start to my day, and hopefully it was for them as well!
While reflecting on this last week with our youth, I think I'm finally inspired in making a poster for 2017's youth theme. So.... here is:
2017 Youth Theme
This will print at Costco in a 20x30 poster board for around $25.00. Our ward recites the theme for mutual each week and it's been helpful having a large poster as a "cheat"!
I also turned it into a handout:
2017 Youth Theme Handout
I love that this specific scripture was chosen as this was the very scripture that inspired Joseph Smith at 14 to kneel in a grove of trees and ask God what church he should join. God didn't just speak to him, a teenager, but he knew him. By name. This single occurrence tells us more about God's relationship with man than any other. He knows us, He loves us and He speaks to us.
Considering the trials and temptations our youth of today will face, what better scripture to chose and help them know that if we Ask of God and Ask in Faith, there are answers. I hope this message will be throughout the year a reminder of their importance in the world, and their importance to our Heavenly Father.
While reflecting on this last week with our youth, I think I'm finally inspired in making a poster for 2017's youth theme. So.... here is:
2017 Youth Theme
This will print at Costco in a 20x30 poster board for around $25.00. Our ward recites the theme for mutual each week and it's been helpful having a large poster as a "cheat"!
I also turned it into a handout:
2017 Youth Theme Handout
I love that this specific scripture was chosen as this was the very scripture that inspired Joseph Smith at 14 to kneel in a grove of trees and ask God what church he should join. God didn't just speak to him, a teenager, but he knew him. By name. This single occurrence tells us more about God's relationship with man than any other. He knows us, He loves us and He speaks to us.
Considering the trials and temptations our youth of today will face, what better scripture to chose and help them know that if we Ask of God and Ask in Faith, there are answers. I hope this message will be throughout the year a reminder of their importance in the world, and their importance to our Heavenly Father.


No comments:
Post a Comment